Ryan Law Partners represents clients in a wide range of health care disputes, investigations, enforcement, and compliance matters. From defending health care providers and companies (including hospitals, surgery centers, physicians, medical device manufacturers, and others), to the prosecution and defense of claims related to federal and state benefit programs (Medicare and Medicaid), our attorneys have successfully and efficiently handled numerous cases concerning Medicare/Medicaid fraud, private insurance coverage, billing and coding, overpayment claims, data protection, regulatory compliance, and other health care business conflicts that result in (often simultaneous) civil litigation, arbitration, administrative hearings, and parallel proceedings. We counsel an array of health care clients on fraud and abuse prevention and the ever-changing regulatory environment.
Who We Represent
- Health care, pharmaceutical and life sciences companies;
- Health care consulting firms;
- Contract research organizations;
- Medical device companies;
- Health care-related financial firms; and
- Physicians and physician groups.
What We Do
- False Claims Act, Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, FDCA, and HIPAA matters;
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act advice to pharmaceutical, medical device, and medical supply businesses;
- Defend allegations of off-label promotion;
- Respond to inquiries and document demands from state and federal agencies (DOJ, FDA, HHS, state Attorney General offices and Medicaid authorities);
- Internal investigations, including witness interviews and technology-aided review (i.e., predictive coding);
- Employment agreements and non-competes;
- Guidance relating to physician-owned distributorships (PODs); and
- Compliance advice, including codes of conduct, whistleblower and reporting policies, communication and record-keeping policies, and best practices.